Thursday, January 5, 2012

Cold soothing drink recipe

Hello everyone, I hope you are all enjoying the new year.

I woke up yesterday with a cold and sore throat. Today it's no better but no worse either. Whenever a cold strikes our home, I always make up this cold soothing drink.

Cold Soothing Drink

1 heaped t. of honey
1 heaped t. of blackcurrant jam or apple jelly
2 t. of lemon juice
pinch of chilli flakes or cayenne
6 leaves of lemon verbena (optional)
You can also grate in some ginger to taste (I'm not a big fan of ginger)

Put all the ingredients into a cup and pour in some freshly boiled water. Stir and drink.



I try and drink this 3-4 times a day and I find it really helps soothe a sore throat. The vitamin c in the lemon juice and the immune boosting properties of the chilli and the antibacterial properties of honey can't be bad either.

Thanks for stopping by :)

4 comments:

3treescreations@gmail.com said...

I could certainly have one of those right now - yum!!

Deanne :)

Lea said...

I'll have to try that sometime. Hope you're feeling better soon!

Sarpreet said...

thank you for sharing (I just shared some news on my blog, would appreciate if you have the time to pop on by)

Unknown said...

Hope you get better soon! Am sending over some sunshine xx